DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India. The Government of India’s flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Targeted at the idea of paperless governance. DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way. Thus eliminating the use of physical documents. The DigiLocker website can be accessed at https://digitallocker.gov.in/.
You can now access your documents and certificates from your DigiLocker on your mobile devices.
DigiLocker is a digital locker to store all your documents. It offers the following benefits:
- Citizens can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online. This is convenient and time saving.
- It reduces the administrative overhead of Government departments by minimizing the use of paper.
- Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers.
- You can upload scanned copies of your documents (PDF, JPEG or PNG format) and access it anywhere you want. You can also e-sign these uploaded documents. Which works like self-attestation of physical documents.
How To Register On Register
Follow the below steps to create an account in digilocker
- Visit Digilocker website
- Click on Signup to proceed.
- Enter your Mobile Number which must be linked with your AADHAR and click on Continue.
- Enter the One Time Password (OTP) received in your mobile number. After That click on verify
- Set your Username and Password of your choice. And Then click on Signup.
- Enter your AADHAAR number. Mark the declaration box and click on Submit .
- Enter the OTP received in your mobile number. And Then click on the verify button .
- This completes your registration procedure to create digilocker account.